Terms and Conditions of Membership and/or Use
By paying their membership fee and using the Pool facility, all members and guests agree that:
- Swimming can be dangerous.
- They are responsible for their actions and for the actions of any individuals listed on their membership application, together with any of their respective guests.
- They have received, read, and understand the Rules and Regulations of the Texas Pool on the Creek and will abide by them.
- They will ensure that any other individuals listed on their membership application and any of their guests understand and will abide by the Texas Pool Rules and Regulations.
- They release the Texas Pool on the Creek, its board members, and its employees (collectively, "the Pool") from any liability for personal injury or property loss arising out of their membership in or activities at the Pool. They will indemnify, defend, and hold the Pool harmless from and against any claim, demand, or damages (including attorneys' fees) alleged or asserted against the Pool by any individual listed in their membership application and any of their guests for any reason.
- They intend this release and indemnity to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Texas; if any portion of it is held invalid, the balance will continue in full legal force and effect.
- In case of accident or illness, the Pool may request an ambulance or other emergency treatment for them at their expense.
General Rules and Regulations
- A membership at the Texas Pool on the Creek entitles any permanent resident of the member's household as listed on the application to swimming privileges. Anyone accompanying a member of this household is a guest and is subject to the guest fees described below.
- Members may bring guests to the pool and must accompany guests at all times. A fee of $5.00 per guest will be charged for admission. Baby-sitters are considered guests and will be charged the guest fee. Members are limited to 8 guests without prior approval from the staff. Guests must fill out a Guest Registration & Liability Form.
- $5 Concession cards will be available throughout the year. Guest cards are available for $50.
- Swimmers must wear swimsuits. No one will be allowed in the pool wearing cutoffs. All swimsuits must be opaque and appropriate for a family pool.
- Glass or ceramic containers are not allowed on the grounds.
- Alcoholic beverages are strictly forbidden during regular open hours.
- This is a family pool. Rowdy behavior, swearing, inappropriate gestures or abusive language are not permitted on the premises. First offense will result in a one (1) day suspension. The second offense will result in a three (3) day suspension and telephone notification to parents and/or guardian. The third offense will result in a family meeting before the Board of Directors to determine if revocation of' membership is warranted. If a date has been set to meet with the board and the family members do not attend the meeting, termination of membership is automatic.
- Running, pushing, throwing of large or weighed objects are all considered to be dangerous activities. Violators will be subject to discipline by the staff as stated in paragraph number six (6) above. Long distance throwing of small balls or pool toys at or near small children and adults will not be tolerated.
- No large floatation devices are allowed in the pool during normal pool hours. These include air mattresses, rafts and inner tubes. Small children may wear floatation assistance devices but MUST be accompanied by an adult/guardian at all times.
- The diving board and slide require special skills. Only one person will be allowed on any one structure at any time. Diving into shallow water that is less than 6 feet deep from the pool edge is not allowed. No floating devices, goggles, masks or swim fins are allowed on the dives or the slides.
- Smoking is not allowed on The Texas Pool property.
- Members are responsible for their own items including their refuse. Please be respectful of the cleanliness of the deck area, bathrooms, and the pool water. Waste containers are provided.
Parties During Normal Pool Hours
- Members may reserve one or two picnic tables for a two-hour party. The host member should clean the area appropriately after the party.
- The host member must identify themselves to the lifeguards at the entrance before the party. A count will be taken of non-members as they arrive to determine the cost of the party. Also, non-members will be required to fill out a Guest Registration & Liability Release Form. This is necessary for insurance and safety purposes. Payment will be collected by the lifeguard at the end of the party for all guests.
- Management of the party guests is the responsibility of the host member.
- For safety concerns, the total number in the party cannot exceed 20 people (swimmers and non-swimmers). without advanced approval. Please reserve parties in advance.
After Hours Private Parties (under review)
- Please check our Private Parties page for times and rates.
- NOTICE-The pool area must be cleaned and all guests must depart no later than the scheduled end of the party.
- Members may schedule one 2-hour party during registration. Once all registrations are complete the party registration book will be reopened for additional bookings.
- Lifeguards are responsible for all swimmers and collecting any remaining fees. The host is responsible for managing the behavior of the attendees.
- Scheduling in the "Party Book" is required in order to secure a reservation. A minimum of $150.00 non-refundable deposit is due at the reservation time. If a balance is due, it will be payable the evening of the party.
- Tipping the lifeguards based on performance is highly recommended.
- All guests are required to sign in at the front door before attending the party. This is necessary for insurance and safety purposes.
- Cleanup is entirely the responsibility of the host member and must be completed by the scheduled end of the party. All trash is to be placed in the containers provided by the City of Plano. The lifeguards will provide trash bags, hose and any necessary cleaning equipment for the host member's use.
- Alcoholic beverages are (under review) and are not normally allowed. Any party with any alcoholic beverages will be subject to special advance board approval with special requirements.
- All other rules and regulations adopted by the Board of Directors will apply during private parties. Under the corporate By-Laws they are to be enforced by the Texas Pool Staff.
- The Board of Directors may revise these rules and change the above fees at any time by posting the changes on this website. Please check back periodically.